- 23 Apr 2022
- 1:00 am - 5:00 am
Suhoor Under The Stars
Date: 23rd Apr 2022 (Saturday)
Time: 1:00 – 5:00 AM
Location: Al Qudra Desert – Dubai
Fee: AED 100 – AED 180
Join us during the early hours of Saturday 23rd of April for a Suhoor Under The Stars program at Al Qudra Desert in Dubai. Observe a beautiful planetary alignment (Venus, Mars, Saturn, and the moon, and perhaps Jupiter too) before the break of dawn and a chance of observing meteors flashing by in the night sky during this program.
Proceeds from this event will be donated to the One Billion Meals campaign and the UAE Food Bank.
EVENT TICKET FEE:
- General Tickets: AED 180
- Kids (Under 13): AED 150
- DAG Members: AED 100
LATE REGISTRATION FEE:
(21st Apr 2022 onward)
- General Tickets: AED 220
- Kids (Under 13): AED 180
- DAG Members: AED 100
– We can provide financial aid for DAG Members’ family members. Call or WhatsApp +971 4 221 6603 for support.
- – 01:00 AM – Introduction
- – 01:15 AM – Talk: Lyrids Meteor Shower
- – 01:30 AM – Arabian Astronomy/Sky Mapping Session (Stories about the Constellations)
- – 02:00 AM – Q & A Session
- – 03:00 AM – Moon Observation
- – 03:10 AM – Talk: Planetary Alignment
- – 03:30 AM – Saturn Observation
- – 04:00 AM – Mars Observation
- – 04:30 AM – Venus Observation
- – 05:00 AM – Jupiter Observation
- – Light Suhoor available throughout the evening.
- – Telescope Observation all throughout the evening.
- – Phone photography of celestial objects through the telescopes.
- – 03:30 AM: Astrophotography Session
- – All attendees are requested to have masks on when interacting with others.
- – Be sure that you’re sitting or lying at least 2 meters away from others.
- – A precise location pin will be sent by email after you register for the program.
- – The nearest rest stop and restrooms are around 10 minutes away from our location: Al Qudra Last Exit
- – Although recommended, a 4×4 car is not required to reach the event location.
- – We will be providing mats for seating but feel free to bring your own seating for your comfort.
- – You are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary (water, food, seats, etc.) for your comfort.
- – Please bring a soft copy (on your phone) of the event ticket that contains a QR code to ensure a smooth check-in process.
- – Proceeds from this program will be donated towards the One Billion Meal Campaign.
- – Extra food from this event will be donated to the UAE Food Bank.
- – DAG paid members are requested to bring their digital membership card to be presented upon request.
- – Kids under the age of 5 do not require a ticket for this event.
- – Kids under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent. Parents are required to purchase a ticket.
- – You may set up tents at a designated location but setting up BBQ will not be allowed during the duration of the event.
- – Please be respectful of others and mindful of the environment.
- – Pets are not allowed at our events and activities.