- 03 Jan 2021
- 8:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Mentioned Below
Stargazing Party + Quadrantids Meteor Shower
The Quadrantid meteor shower is 2021’s first major meteor shower. Unfortunately, a bright waning gibbous moon will light up the sky on the expected peak night from late night January 3 until dawn January 4. Although the Quadrantids have been known to produce some 50-120 meteors in a dark sky, their peak is extremely narrow, time-wise. Peaks of the Perseid or Geminid meteor showers persist for a day or more, allowing all time zones around the world to enjoy a good display of Perseids or Geminids. But the Quadrantids’ peak lasts only a few hours. Because of that reason we have decided to focus this event on the Stargazing element rather than the meteor shower itself. Find more details here.
Join us for a family-friendly night under the stars on the 3rd of Jan, 2021. January 3rd happens to be the peak of the Quadrantids Meteor Shower so you might also be able to spot a few meteors throughout the evening.
- – Date: 3rd Jan 2021
- – Time: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM
- – Location: Wadi Shawkah, Ras Al Khaimah – UAE (Exact location pin will be sent through email after registration)
- – Register now: http://althurayaastronomycenter.ae/stargazing-party-quadrantids-meteor-shower/
- – Adults: AED 200
- – Kids: AED 100
- – DAG Members: AED 80
Late Registration Fees: (2nd of Jan 2020 @ 8:00 PM)
- – Adults: AED 400
- – Kids: AED 200
- – DAG Members: AED 80
- – A Brief About The Event & Meteor Shower
- – Sky Mapping Session
- – Q & A Session
- – Telescope Observation/Astrophotography
- – Observing Planet Mars
- – The Orion Nebula
- – Thuraya Star Cluster
- – The Moon (after 11 PM)
- – & More
- – Masks are MANDATORY!
- – Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- – The venue for the event is at Wadi Shawkah, Ras Al Khaimah. The precise location map pin is included in the email ticket.
- – Transportation is upon you for your convenience.
- – No need to have a 4×4 car, though recommended.
- – Registration MUST be done in advance. No registration will be accepted at the venue.
- – Be sure to have warm clothing at hand as it will get cold during the night.
- – Although Dubai Astronomy Group will be providing bean bags, you are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary over the period of the event (snacks, water, mats, seats etc.).
- – Please bring the soft copy of the event ticket email (email contains a QR code) to ensure your entry.
- – You are requested to bring your Emirates ID or any valid document with you to be presented at the venue upon request.
- – Dubai Astronomy Group paid members are requested to bring their membership ID card to be presented upon request.
- – No alcohol is allowed! This is a family-friendly event.
- – The meteors will not be visible through the telescopes. Only celestial observation will be done through the telescopes.