- 16 - 17 Apr 2022
- 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Sky & Telescope Workshop
Date: 16th – 17th Apr 2022
Time: 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: Al Thuraya Astronomy Center – Dubai
Learning about astronomy, the night sky, and telescopes can be daunting and intimidating as a beginner due to the huge amount of information there is! We have designed an in-depth 2-day program where anyone can learn astronomy in a simplified and organized manner.
This course covers all the topics you need to know before you start your journey exploring the field of astronomy!
Whether you are an absolute novice, a telescope user, or an Astrophotographer, you will get to learn something new in this workshop. This will be a highly interactive workshop where you will learn new techniques, theories, equipment, and more.
- PART ONE – Brief History of Understanding the Universe
- – Prehistoric Era
- – Greeks
- – Pre-Telescope Instruments
- – Post Telescope Era
- – Twentieth-Century Astronomy
- – Present Picture of the Universe
- PART TWO – Sky & Telescope
- – Geocentric view of the sky
- – Terminologies for an Astro-observer
- – Why do we really need a telescope?
- – Different types of Telescopes
- – How does a Telescope work?
- PART THREE – Astro-Imaging: Techniques and Practices
- – Difference between Regular imaging and Astronomy Imaging
- – Basic Terminologies for an Astro-Imager
- – Tools and Techniques
- – Equipment and Software
- – Science of Making an Astro-Image
- – General Workflow at an Observatory
- – You are required to bring a laptop with you for the course.
- – Light iftar will be provided during this program for the registrants.
- – Park entrance is AED 10 per car or AED 3 per person through Nol Card.
- – You can purchase/recharge your Nol Card at the park gate.
- – Masks are MANDATORY!
- – Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- – Tickets for this program are LIMITED!
- – Please bring the hard copy or soft copy of the event ticket email to ensure a smooth and fast check-in.
- – Dubai Astronomy Group paid members are requested to bring their membership ID card to be presented upon request.