- 04 - 05 Jan 2020
- 10:00 pm - 3:00 am
- Mentioned Below
Quadrantids Meteor Shower 2020
Join Dubai Astronomy Group for the Quadrantids meteor shower the 2020’s first major meteor shower. Join us on the night of January 4th, Quadrantids meteor shower will peak on the night of the 4th and morning of the 5th January where Up to 120 meteors per hour are expected to enter the Earth atmosphere. The first quarter moon will set shortly after midnight, leaving fairly dark skies for what could be a good show. Meteors will radiate from the constellation Bootes but can appear anywhere in the sky.
Date: 4th January 2020
Time: 10 pm till 3 am
Location: Al Qudra Deserts, Dubai
- • Telescope Observation of Mars and Moon
- • Naked eye Observation of Meteors.
- • Sky Decoding Session.
- • Talk & a Q&A Session.
- • Adult: AED 120
- • Child (below 13 years): AED 70
- • DAG Members: AED 50 (you must have valid membership of international/associate/student category and valid membership ID card to avail this discount).
- • The peak of the meteor shower is on the night of 4-5 Jan in Dubai – Up to 120 meteors per hour are expected
- • The venue for the event is at Al Qudra, Dubai. A precise location map will be sent to you by email after you register for the program.
- • Transportation is upon you for your convenience.
- • No need to have a 4×4 car, though recommended.
- • Although some mats will be available, you are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary over the period of the event (snacks, water, mats, seats, etc.)
- • You are also requested to keep warm clothing at hand as the night may get quite cold in the desert.
- • Please bring the hard copy or soft copy of the registration confirmation number/ email to ensure your entry.
- • You are requested to bring your Emirates ID or any valid document with you to be presented at the meeting point upon request.
- • Dubai Astronomy Group members are requested to bring their VALID membership card to be presented upon request.