Quadrantids Meteor Shower 2019
The Quadrantids (QUA) are a January meteor shower. The zenithal hourly rate (ZHR) of this shower can be as high as that of two other reliably rich meteor showers, the Perseids in August and the Geminids in December, yet Quadrantid meteors are not seen as often as meteors in these other two showers, because the peak intensity is exceedingly sharp, sometimes lasting only hours. Additionally, the meteors are quite faint (mean magnitude 3-6 mag). The Dubai Astronomy Group event is scheduled for January 3rd 10 PM – January 4th 4 AM (local Dubai time).
• Adult: AED 120
• Child (below 13 years): AED 70
• DAG Members: AED 50 (you must have valid membership of international/associate/student category and valid membership ID card to avail this discount).
• Telescope Observation.
• Naked eye Observation of Meteors.
• Star Decoding Session.
• Talk & a Q&A Session.
• The venue for the event is at Al Qudra, Dubai. A precise location map will be sent to you by email after you register for the program.
• Transportation is upon you for your convenience.
• No need to have a 4×4 car, though recommended.
• Although some mats will be available, you are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary over the period of the event (snacks, water, mats, seats etc.)
• You are also requested to keep warm clothing at hand as the night may get quite cold in the desert.
• Please bring the hard copy or soft copy of registration confirmation number/ email to ensure your entry.
• You are requested to bring your Emirates ID or any valid document with you to be presented at the meeting point upon request.
• Dubai Astronomy Group members are requested to bring their membership card to be presented upon request