- 12 - 13 Aug 2021
- 8:00 pm - 4:00 am
Perseid Meteor Shower 2021
Date: 12 August 2021
Time: 8 PM – 4 AM
Location: Jebel Jais, Ras Al Khaimah – UAE (Exact location pin will be sent through email after registration)
Join us on the night of the 12th of August till the early morning hours at the top of the highest peak in the UAE, Jebel Jais, and become one with the universe and witness the Perseid Meteor Shower!
The Perseids is one of the best meteor showers to observe, producing up to 60 to 100 meteors per hour at its peak. It is produced by comet Swift-Tuttle. The Perseids are famous for producing a large number of bright meteors. The shower peaks this year on the night of August 12 and the morning of August 13. Best viewing will be from a dark location after midnight. Meteors will radiate from the constellation Perseus, but can appear anywhere in the sky.
– Adults: AED 250
– Kids: AED 200
– DAG Members: AED 150
Late Registration Fees: (11 August 2021 @ 6:00 PM):
– Adults: AED 400
– Kids: AED 300
– DAG Members: AED 200
– 8:10 PM: Introduction
– 8:20 PM: Moon Telescope Observation
– 9:00 PM: Milky Way Photography (Phone + DSLR)
– 11:00 PM: A Brief About The Event
– 11:30 PM: Sky Mapping Session
– 11:40 PM: Q & A Session/ Trivia
– 12:00 PM: Telescope Observation of Jupiter & Saturn
– 1:00 AM: Naked-eye Observation of the Meteors
– 1:00 AM: DSLR Photography of Meteors
– Masks are MANDATORY!
– Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
– The venue for the event is at Jebel Jais, Ras Al Khaimah. A precise location map will be sent to you by email after you register for the program.
– Registration MUST be done in advance. No registration will be accepted at the venue.
– You may set up tents at the event location but staying after 4:00 AM will not be allowed.
– Transportation is upon you for your convenience.
– No need to have a 4×4 car, though recommended.
– Although Dubai Astronomy Group will be providing mats and water, you are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary over the period of the event (food, snacks, water, mats, seats etc.) for your hygiene and safety.
– We don’t recommend bringing any children under the age of 5 years old to this event.
– There are no nearby restaurants or grocery stores, so be sure to have food and snacks with you when you arrive at the location.
– The DSLR photography session is an optional session that you can join if you own a DSLR camera. The session will start at 1 AM till the end of the event so feel free to join at any point in time.
– Please bring the hard copy or soft copy of registration confirmation number/email to ensure your entry.
– You are requested to bring your Emirates ID with you to be presented at the venue upon request.
– Dubai Astronomy Group paid members are requested to bring their membership ID card to be presented upon request.
– No alcohol is allowed! This is a family-friendly event.
– The meteors will not be visible through the telescopes. Only celestial observation will be done through the telescopes.