Join us at Qasr Al Sarab for the Geminid Meteor Shower this year and witness this marvel of nature through your naked eyes! Dubai Astronomy Group will be hosting this event for two nights (December 12 and 13) from 9 PM - 3 AM. The event is FREE for all and families are welcome.
EVENT CHECKLIST - EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
- Before you leave for the event, mark the location on your GPS (with the coordinates provided on the banner) or take print outs of the location map via Google Maps.
- We recommend that people drive out to Qasr Al Sarab while sunlight is still there. Sunset is around 5:30 PM.
- We suggest that you bring warm clothing, mats, blankets / sleeping bags and tents as it could get rather chilly at night.
- You may bring food with you but alcohol of any kind is strictly prohibited on the premisis of the activity.
- If you have any queries, you can reach us at the number that has been listed on the banner but only BEFORE 6 PM on the event dates. As we will be caught up with the preparation, we will not be able to entertain phone calls after 6 PM.
- We highly advise against any dune bashing in Liwa without professional assistance.
We look forward to seeing you there with us!